返回列表 發帖

Marriott Vacation Club Invitations

本帖最後由 古惑強 於 2009-8-6 13:10 編輯

Got a Marriott Vacation Club Invitation, as I had stayed in Marriott Hotel before, so I was not surprised that they had my contact details.  I was offered either 1 free night in HK SkyCity Marriott or 2 free nights in Phuket Mai Khao Resort, sounds very tempting to me, but then again as in life, if it sounds too good to be truth, it probably is.

So I did a bit more searching on the internet, and came across this, aren't I glad that I did do a bit of research before taking up the offer.

Thanks for sharing this info. It is definitely too good to be truth!

I am a member of RCI, which is sth similar.  It is actually a good deal if you have the time to use it.  They have occasional promotions that are really good too.

Thanks Lawrence for his balanced view, it is always to good to get an opinion from an existing satisfied user.

I still have reservations towards the idea of being tied down to just 1 or 2 vacation locations in each country, I am sure such club facilities & locations would expand eventually, but still the choice is limited.  

From a cash flow point of views, I really don't see why the annual membership fee (a kind of long term financial commitment from the user's point of view) is used for developing their business.  The financial industry will charge this type of Club business huge premium for providing such long term financial funding commitment, yet each member is bascially providing such funding commitment free of charge towards the club, even worst is that in some extreme occasions, one might even get sued from failling to honour such financial commitment in the future.

To my book, that is liabilities not assets.  Thanks but no thanks!

返回列表