返回列表 發帖

steel manifold and gas consumption

I have seen a few good deals with the SS manifold for IS300, and wonder if it will add pressure to the fuel consumption?
Many thanks in advance for helping.

ALL SS manifold (if equal length) is original design to add performance and save fuel at the same time. However, since the performance goes up. People will like to step more on the gas to get the fun out of it and leading to higher fuel consumption.

Many thanks jason!

本帖最後由 letsrock 於 2009-11-20 10:37 編輯

Wow, reply from seller about this"the megan one is brand name version of the same header/downpipe. It come with 1 year manufactory warranty(directly from megan only). For the generic one, there is no warranty issue for that. This is the only difference. Both fit the same car and model."

Ordered, US $170 w shipping.

Manifold arrived, muffler arrived, springs arrived.   Taking to garage tomorrow and then will take a run to Airport on Wed to test it out.

Make it ready quickly, so we can test it before next season begins....
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

Technical support is needed here.
原來換蕉要拆催化, 因為個O2sensor又無位放,家下架IS300著左engine燈.
我記得有樣咁野叫oxygen sensor simulator,
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/oxygen_sensor_simulator/
ebay 又有得賣, 仲唔貴.
唔知大家有無試過呢? 個原理係啱, 不過實際又如何呢?
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

Found this.
附件: 您需要登錄才可以下載或查看附件。沒有帳號?註冊

Okay, this is basically a simulator for the 2nd O2 sensor, it should be able to fool the ECU to believe that the catalytic converter is alive & kicking, while it has actually been dismantled, and therefore avoid an catalytic converter error.

It should work, but your exhaust pipe is going to be pretty smelly!

just gound the O2 sensor wire and it will work (for my old cars).

This IS300 is looking like a project car gradually.
Perhaps you should summarized what you have done to it...
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

29th for the O2 cheater and also muffler.

Installed O2 cheater this morning, and the engine light came on after about 5km.....

O2 cheater cheat the buyer?

Checked installation and everything correct, also the led indicator is on.  Reset computer, and then engine light still came on after about 10km.............

Due to the engine light is on, gas consumption has increased about 20%.

Oh shit!

回復 18# 古惑強

Yeah, that is why i am thinking to switch back to the original one.

But really, when the engine light wasn't on yet, could really feel the car had more power and much faster response.

I think you can try to wire the 1st O2 sensor output as the 1st and also the 2nd O2 sensor signal to try out.

返回列表