返回列表 發帖
Is this the engine with the Start / Stop device add-on?  or just ordinary Direct-injection engine?
Very alarming really, as the Mitsubishi's GDI engine (or so call "Hopeless Engine" as referred by the domestic Jap mechanic) has similar carbon deposit built-up as well.

This carbon deposit issue is discussed here.

Seems like Audi's 4.2 FSI V8 and 5.2 FSI V10, VW's 2.0T and Porsche's 4.8 DFI V8 are all effected!

Suddenly I am glad that my Bravo engine is the conventional fuel injected engine rather than the direct injection model as to be introduced in 2010.

靜左成日, 終於有個話題啦....
Simon 發表於 2010-1-12 22:25

Yeah!

氣流慢之故?
AbarthJoe 發表於 2010-1-12 22:23

Nope!  Don't think so, as it happens to RS4 as well, don't think RS4 owners will drive their beasts too slowly!

The Audi forum has extensive discussion on this.
http://forums.audiworld.com/show ... hlight=carbon+build

本帖最後由 古惑強 於 2010-1-12 22:49 編輯

Oh well!  I guess the RS6 Audi will come off from Letsrock's wish list for the time being!

回復  letsrock

Is that why Marcus's Gti drinks a lot of engine oil?
Trevor 發表於 2010-1-12 22:20

Speaking to my tech, he did acknowledge this is widespread across FSI engines, not just on RS4s.

In fact last week he had an R8 for the same issue. Coincidentally, that same R8 was burning 1 qt oil every 500 miles, which I recon is excessive. Wonder if there is a direct relationship - i.e. cars exhibiting excessive oil burn (be it because of bad break-in or other) are more prone to CB.

http://forums.audiworld.com/show ... on+build&page=5

回復  古惑強

The S4 is with twin turbo and seems like it is not affecting those engines bor.
letsrock 發表於 2010-1-13 08:00

According to the Audi forum, all direct injection engines are effected in certain extend in this moment, 2.0FSI and the RS4 engine seems to be worst effected.  Seems like the crankcase oil catch tank is not working well, causing excess oil fume to be sucked into the intake manifold , without the injected fuel washing out the deposit in the intake runner, carbon deposits start to build up on the back of the intake valves.

Very interesting information wow!  For 1~3 yrs old FSI engines should be ok, as they are within warranty and serviced in the dealer's workshop, so I guess any issues can be sorted out by the dealer within reasonable cost.  

For modified FSI engines, one must be very careful, as a lot of parts would be operating out of their original designed parameters.  Trouble is that, ECU modifications can be done via program upload into the ECU system, and can be reversed by uploading the factory settings into the ECU, so any 2nd hand buyer will have no way to confirm whether the ECU has been modified before, and whether the engine has been operating outside its original parameters.

返回列表