返回列表 發帖

Light Weight battery

http://www.braillebattery.com/index.php/batteries/b106/

This one is the most cost effective one with 6.6lbs
Very interested on buying it. About HK$2200 including shipping..........Normal battery should be about 50lbs

又真係幾輕,Odyssey 最輕都要 15.4lbs.
http://www.odysseybattery.com/autospecs.html

as a reference, Coupe uses 55Ah
http://www.batteryspace.com/seal ... 55ahla-12v55ah.aspx

Nominal Voltage  12.0 v  
Nominal Capacity  55 Ah, 55000 mAh  
Max. Charging current  16.5 A  
Max. Discharging current  440 A ( 5 sec)   
Standard Discharge current  55 A  
Dimension (LxWxH)   229mm(9.02") x 138 mm (5.43") x Total Height: 232.5 mm (9.15"), Container Height: 212.5mm (8.37")

Weight  18.3 kg (40.34 lb)
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

AW11 uses 40Ah

Nominal Voltage  12.0 v  
Nominal Capacity  40 Ah, 40000 mAh  
Max. Charging current  12 A  
Max. Discharging current  320 A ( 5 sec)   
Standard Discharge current  40 A  
Dimension (LxWxH)  197mm (7.67") x 165 mm (6.50") x Total Height: 170 mm (6.99") Container Height: 170mm (6.99")

Weight  15.03 kg (33.14 lb)  
Energy density   32 wh/kg
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

Simon, will this light weight battery B106 sufficient to start your car (coupe/AW11)?

This one is the most cost effective one with 6.6lbs
Very interested on buying it. About HK$2200 ...
Babybenz 發表於 2010-2-28 17:17

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2353060
佢話 Braille 都係 DEKA 生產。唔知係咪真。

as the tech spec said, the B106 is a 10Ah battery, that means its capacity can last for 1hr if drain in 10A.
睇吓睇吓似乎唔夠一般用.
雖然佢的cranking amp足夠撻車, 純粹race還可以, 因為唔駛推把水箱風扇同頭燈.
估計一對頭燈要10A, 水箱風扇快風要30A, 如果晚間行慢車, 塞塞吓, 行40A, 只係頂到15分鐘.
Michael, 你要好好考慮.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

as the tech spec said, the B106 is a 10Ah battery, that means its capacity can last for 1hr if drain ...
Simon 發表於 2010-3-1 07:14

Please correct me if I am wrong. I thought the all the power consumption while engine running is coming from the alternator except the latter is dead then the power will be drawn from the battery until it is dead too. So for my case only that I don't have radio or no electric fan will operate automatically while engine is off then it may be possible for me to try it out? After writing all these, I just realized that I have taken out most of the stuffs that it is no longer a day-to-day car but a hard core race car.

發電機在引擎2000-3000轉開始係最高輸出, 在怠速時只有唔夠30%出力。
而發電機本身也會對引擎構成一個負荷, 100%出力消耗馬力比10%出力大, 不過我就唔知大幾多, 總之引擎有野拖住咁. 因為發電機有組regulator, 是用來調節差電所需的磁場, 愈唔夠電, 磁場愈勁, 因此產生負擔, regulator同rectifier都會因輸出大而快老化.

不過, 如果你已經可以將用車的方法調校為作戰狀態, 那耐用已不是前題考慮. 用得少左, 一樣有好多年命.

我認為可以一試. 不過初期要加埋個電流錶監察住行車時狀態, 同埋每次用完車用load tester試下舊電.
那就萬無一失.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

發電機在引擎2000-3000轉開始係最高輸出, 在怠速時只有唔夠30%出力。
而發電機本身也會對引擎構成一個負荷, 100%出力消耗馬力比10%出力大, 不過我就唔知大幾多, 總之引擎有野拖住咁. 因為發電機有組regulator, 是用來調節差電所需的磁場, 愈唔夠電, 磁場愈勁, 因此產生負擔, regulator同rectifier都會因輸出大而快老化.

不過, 如果你已經可以將用車的方法調校為作戰狀態, 那耐用已不是前題考慮. 用得少左, 一樣有好多年命.

我認為可以一試. 不過初期要加埋個電流錶監察住行車時狀態, 同埋每次用完車用load tester試下舊電.
那就萬無一失.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

This type of super light weight battery is great for racing, for day to day operations, you will have the following consideration :

Due to the limited charge capacity of the light weight battery, you need to drive the car at least once a week, because even with a fully charged battery, you probably can only crank it 3 ~ 4 times before it is exhausted.  So if you leave her un-used for 2~3 weeks, the remaining charge can probably support you to crank the engine 1 or 2 times max, Otherwise you will need to have a 2nd car available next to her to bridge the current, or get a trickle mode charger to maintain the charge all the time (only useful if you have power plug next to her).

Simon and 強 Gor, Thanks for the comprehensive and valuable opinions. Very hard to make up my mind but I think I will leave this item to be the last item for my weight reduction project.

I just bought the battery and it is on the way to HK. Sometimes I find myself uncontrollable in terms of modifying my project car.

Hee Hee .............. that's what keep guys work hard during weekdays so that they have $$$ to spend on projects during weekends!

Long-Term Testing

Used for both 2516 & (Elise)
Weight Saving 30lbs & (18lbs)
Cranking problem: Not at all (But I recommend to charge it if no use for a week and this will reduce the work load of alternator) I bought a charger for $400 locally and it is so easy.

The initial cost is high for the one I bought $2200 including shipping. For future replacement, I've located two alternatives.

1) Deka Sports Power AGM  ETX9 (exactly the same size and weight of my battery but less cranking power & amp/hr but only cost $500 exclude shipping - 1/3 cost of mine)

2) Deka Sports Power AGM  ETX15 (same cranking power of mine and 1.5 times amp/hr & cost only $600 $500 exclude shipping) but 4.3lbs more

sounds good!!
Coupe Coupe Go Go Go!!

逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

返回列表