返回列表 發帖

Light Weight battery

http://www.braillebattery.com/index.php/batteries/b106/

This one is the most cost effective one with 6.6lbs
Very interested on buying it. About HK$2200 including shipping..........Normal battery should be about 50lbs

Simon, will this light weight battery B106 sufficient to start your car (coupe/AW11)?

as the tech spec said, the B106 is a 10Ah battery, that means its capacity can last for 1hr if drain ...
Simon 發表於 2010-3-1 07:14

Please correct me if I am wrong. I thought the all the power consumption while engine running is coming from the alternator except the latter is dead then the power will be drawn from the battery until it is dead too. So for my case only that I don't have radio or no electric fan will operate automatically while engine is off then it may be possible for me to try it out? After writing all these, I just realized that I have taken out most of the stuffs that it is no longer a day-to-day car but a hard core race car.

Simon and 強 Gor, Thanks for the comprehensive and valuable opinions. Very hard to make up my mind but I think I will leave this item to be the last item for my weight reduction project.

I just bought the battery and it is on the way to HK. Sometimes I find myself uncontrollable in terms of modifying my project car.

Long-Term Testing

Used for both 2516 & (Elise)
Weight Saving 30lbs & (18lbs)
Cranking problem: Not at all (But I recommend to charge it if no use for a week and this will reduce the work load of alternator) I bought a charger for $400 locally and it is so easy.

The initial cost is high for the one I bought $2200 including shipping. For future replacement, I've located two alternatives.

1) Deka Sports Power AGM  ETX9 (exactly the same size and weight of my battery but less cranking power & amp/hr but only cost $500 exclude shipping - 1/3 cost of mine)

2) Deka Sports Power AGM  ETX15 (same cranking power of mine and 1.5 times amp/hr & cost only $600 $500 exclude shipping) but 4.3lbs more

返回列表