返回列表 發帖

US National Debt

Wah!  Holy smoke!  It was only US$11 Trillion 2 years ago, now it is US$14 Trillion!  No wonder gold is going through the roof!

Will they bankrupt?

Nope, they can keeping on printing!

Actually, they are only legal to have a debt under 14.3 tri.  That is why Tim Geithner is so busy to get the senate and congress to pump up the limit.

Those idiots have no choice but to approve the national debt cap.  What choice do they have?

Actually, they have risen it a couple of times since the financial Tsunami.   Before Bear Sterns, the cap was 9.7 tri.

本帖最後由 古惑強 於 2011-4-21 09:18 編輯

完全係債仔惡過債主既典型例子!

真大穫!  依期的美元真係弱過弱煲! 每天都插水,佢d債主真係一殼眼淚!

That is why you see the earnings of the US corps so strong.

So the price of our Fiat collection should rise, right

Oh yes!  The price of parts (in Euro) have gone up too!

回復 10# paul

yes and no...........as if you consider the parts, since RMB has envalued 4.6% since June and also the en valuation of Euro, then at cost factor, it has en valued.

But if you look at future cash flow, since the maintenance cost  and time is relatively high and also suffer from inflation impact, so we end up have rate of increase in maintenance>en valuation of asset.  So the projected ROI is negative.

I see, but I would still keep my Fiat collection because it provides fun which cannot be measurable

回復 13# paul

Agree, our cars are for passion, not for logic.

Wife is on the opposite end of the equation!

回復 15# 古惑強

Ought to be quote of the century!
"What has been beginning to spook Moody's and some other people is that Congress may be dumb enough to actually default on the debt," said Cliff Draughn, chief investment officer of Excelsia Investment Advisors in Savannah, Georgia.

It happened in  1995 before, twice that year.  Also in 1979.

Via CNN

Fifty-two percent of Americans think Obama
has acted responsibly in the debt ceiling
talks so far, but nearly two-thirds say the
Republicans in Congress have not acted
responsibly. Fifty-one percent would blame
the GOP if the debt ceiling is not raised;
only three in 10 would blame Obama.

Obama successfully turns this crisis to his advantage. What a successful PR team!!

返回列表