返回列表 發帖

Looking for brake discs

本帖最後由 coupeelvin 於 2010-3-29 10:07 編輯

From http://www.europerformance.co.uk
Tarox G88, Tarox F2000, which one is better?
Price is the same GBP219.96 + 9.95 local delivery
G88:

F2000:

Any other choices, or better offer?
附件: 您需要登錄才可以下載或查看附件。沒有帳號?註冊

I tried REDDOT 6 groove in Coupe, good enough, can last up to 60000km
also tried black diamond groove in MR2, not bad.
The best is Pagid groove, not sure if you can get Pagid anymore.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

In our SMD application, no need so many grooves, it reduces the usable brake surface.
6 grooves is enough, also no need to have drill holes, it reduces the rigidity of the disc.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

Red Dot 6 Groove: £188.76 inc VAT + 12.5 (local delivery in UK)
http://www.magnecor-uk.com/frame ... E=/tarox-brakes.htm

I am using DBA3000, but not available in HK anymore

You can try to see if you can find it in UK, DBA3000 or DBA4000.

http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pa ... &PartType=BRB01
Grooved Black diamond front 20vt GBP167

and... GTR Nelson's friend is the importer of DBA in Hong Kong, he surely can help.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

forget it, DBA Aus is out of stock for all 20VT disc. They will need to gather enough qty to start the production line again. Could be a few months or a year

Noticing this "Nitrac" Discs. The company claims that the discs are "Deep Cryogenic Treated".
http://www.nitrac.co.uk/technical.htm

While other discs manufacturers (such as Tarox and Black Diamond) employ "heat treatment", can anybody tell the difference? Which process is better?

No idea what this Nitrac / deep frozen process actually does, I read through its explanation as well as Deep Frozen site but still come out totally confused!

The wording is a bit similar to the "Nitriding" process which is commonly used for adding nitrogen into metal for hardening process such as crankshaft.  However Nitriding is a heat treatment process rather than a deep freeze process.

Heat treatment for disc is a common hardening method, by repeatly heating up the metal and cooling it via various cooling rate, certain metal characteristic can be achieved, rapid cooling can lead to harden but brittle characteristic, while repeated slow cooling can achieve a soft and elastic characteristic.  A heat treatment disc can withstand a wider operating temperature range and resist better to disc warp / deform.

I would go for the "heat treatment" disc as that is a well known & proven process.

Cryogenic tempering好似係堅野.真係用黎加強金屬耐用性.
http://www.cryointegrity.com/benefits.html
不過, 迫力唔係由金屬同迫力皮磨擦而產生制動力, 係主要由迫力皮物料bed-in入金屬上, 而由迫力皮同迫力皮粅料互相磨擦.
所以, harden左嘅金屬未必係最有利bed-in迫力皮的.
我唔會推介你用.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

"Brake Rotors & Brake Pads: Rotors experience several significant improvements. They will warp less and dissipate heat better. The change in the microstructure of the rotor will allow an increase in pad to rotor contact, an increase in lifetime, and a higher resistance to cracking. Now, your brakes will last longer and perform better while improving safety. Brake pads benefit from cryogenic treatment too. "
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/cryogenics/portal.php

Got feedback from Nitrac:
Elvin,

Thank you for your enquiry, as you have noticed our discs are unique in the European market because they are the only ones available which are Cryogenically treated.  Cryogenic treatment is simply a thermal process for metal which is an extension of normal heat treatment but uses extreme cold (-190 deg C) to produce changes in the crystalline structure of the metal itself.   As you may know, in conventional heat treatment components are heated to a specified temperature level depending on the result required and then returned quickly or slowly to room temperature.  However, room temperature has no significance in metallurgical terms, and back in the 70's NASA carried out experiments using liquid Nitrogen to cool metals down to -190 deg C and found that they could produce very significant improvements in the strength and wear resistance of many metals and alloys by doing so.  However, it was only the ready availability of liquid nitrogen in the 80's and parallel development of accurate digital controls that actually made the process commercially viable.   Our discs are treated by our sister company Frozen Solid, who developed their processes over 20 years or more working with many individuals and racing teams treating everything from half shafts to complete engines to get the optimum performance and operational life in the toughest competitive environments.   

NITRAC takes high quality discs made by some of the largest manufacturers in Europe and put them through a specific cryo treatment process developed by Frozen Solid, to produce a disc which will last 2 to 3 times as long as an untreated disc and is far, far more resistant to warping, cracking, flaking etc.   Most of our customers are people who want to take their cars on the track and want brakes that will produce superb performance in that environment not just once, but time after time without spending a fortune.   Nitrac discs deliver that level of performance.      

I have attached a small data sheet of some back to back testing carried out in the US of cryo and non-cryo'd discs and a copy of a general article on the use of Cryo in competition which I hope will be of interest.

I hope this is helpful, but if you have any further queries or would like to place an order please let me know.

Regards,

Alan

NITRAC Ltd.
01625 267074

Elvin Wong wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking for a pair of front brake rotor for my car and found your website.
I noticed that the "treatment" to the discs from your company is different from those so claimed high performance discs such as Black Diamond and Tarox. Most discs are talking about "heat treatment", while yours are talking about deep cryo. treatment.
What is the pros and cons when comparing your discs to those "heat" treated discs?
Currently I am using Brembo's grooved discs. They were overheated after fast road run, I need a set of good discs for replacement.

Cheers,
Elvin
附件: 您需要登錄才可以下載或查看附件。沒有帳號?註冊

Elvin, did you eventually bought your discs from Nitrac? How much was it and do you recommand it? I am thinking of changing mine.

本帖最後由 coupeelvin 於 2010-9-11 21:43 編輯

They costed me GBP263.74 with shipping to HK. Nitrac discs are not bad, but no surprise..... I feel that they were more or less the same as those Brembo discs I used in terms of braking force. However, I bet they will be more reliable and be able to last longer....
Don't buy the black diamond discs. As indicated by Nitrac, they were coming from the same source as Nitrac, but Black Diamond just coated them to black for sale.

本帖最後由 Simon 於 2010-9-11 21:51 編輯

I am using black diamond for AW11. I feel comfortable using them now. $3200 front and rear, 4 disc, including shipping. ok price for disc with such small diameter.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

返回列表