返回列表 發帖

買樓, should I?

呢個時間買樓,係唔係有D問題? 比D意見喇?!

要買就買, 睇有冇須要既姐....
只要買左之後住得開心咪 OK law
Coupe Coupe Go Go Go!!

i just sold my house and now rent an apartment....i checked with 2 property agents that the market is very quiet. suggest you see till dec. if USA rises the interest, then the globle may change

講真買吾買樓有好多理由同好多因素,如果你收入steady,又有現金,買樓上車冇問題。而家最大問題係有冇你想要嘅盤?

If you need it and can afford, go ahead.

I also felt that the market is approaching its turning point, Rikki, any comment?

Self-use or  Invesment ?

Self-use :  If you are currently renting a place then "YES", USD interest rate will stay at zero in the next 12 months at least, don't see any reason why the housing market would collapse in the mean time.  But you should aim for the 2nd hand market rather than those over priced / under sized / big club house (which you never use after the 1st month) type of new estates.

Investment - No comment, your own call!

Self-use or  Invesment ?

Self-use :  If you are currently renting a place then "YES", USD interest rate will stay at zero in the next 12 months at least, don't see any reason why the housing market ...
古惑強 發表於 2009-11-17 11:32

Totally agreed.

You should line up several factors and weight your options :

1) How much are you willing / able to afford (down payment + commission + decoration + stamp duty and monthly mortgage payment).
2) What size / no. of rooms etc.
3) Locations, how far away from work place, MTRC stations, School network etc.
4) Other recurring expenses : Public Transport, Management fee & Carpark cost etc.
5) Re-sale value (This is a very difficult to judge, as locations can fall out of favour, and a hot location today may be ignored by other buyers in 10 yrs time)

Once you have worked out items 1 & 2, you will start to be able to work out item 3, item 4 is probably the least of your concern but nonetheless will be a long term expenditure.

If you don't mind Lantau Island (expensive travelling cost & long duration), the housing estates over there are relatively under priced in this moment, but the school network really sucks!

Thanks for all comments.... I'm looking for a flat in Mei Foo Sun Chuen, target is ~800 - 900sq ft...... I know it is an old place, aged more than 30 years. But Its actual size is near to its quoted size. I took a look at 愉景新城, some flats quoted 8xx sq ft, to me they looked like not more than 500 sq ft.

Elvin, if you are firm in Mei Foo, please let me know.  My client owns over 50 flats in Mei Foo and may get a good deal.

Elvin, if you are firm in Mei Foo, please let me know.  My client owns over 50 flats in Mei Foo and may get a good deal.
peterkoon 發表於 2009-11-18 10:01

Wah..... That's great!!
Yes I'm quite sure of finding one in Mei Foo.
FYI, I saw one in Phase 8, 893 sq ft, 7/F, with good renovation and new water hoses, asking for 3.75M. But Bank of china quoted $3.69M only. Good thing is new renovation, bad things are only 1 toilet, and 7/F only, 5/F should be the car park and therefore looking outside can see a platform just 1 floor from the flat.

Of course, l'm looking for better price as usual, and looking for 2-toilet flat. Can be 2-room or 3-room.

Mei Foo has over 90% usable floor space, so it is very good value.  With the newer estate, you will be lucky to get more than 78%.

You have to been very careful with so call new renovation, usually the currently owner pay minimum money to do the so call "Touch Up" of the flats to make them look like newly renovated, the touch pieces could fall apart soon after 1  year or 2.  Look very carefully into the walls for signs of small paint cracks to ensure it is not just a simple touch up job before sales.

You're right, thanks Rikki.

Elvin, does that mean your budget is around 3.5M and 3 bedroom with 2 toliets?

曼克頓山!?  勁!
Thanks a lot for your advice. I will keep looking for some more flats before confirmation.

Elvin, does that mean your budget is around 3.5M and 3 bedroom with 2 toliets?
peterkoon 發表於 2009-11-18 22:08

Yes. Actually 2-bedroom is also not a problem.

If budget allows then go for 3 bed room laa, it gives you a lot more flexibility when the kid(s) grow up, and you don't need to think about upgrade too early.

If budget allows then go for 3 bed room laa, it gives you a lot more flexibility when the kid(s) grow up, and you don't need to think about upgrade too early.
古惑強 發表於 2009-11-18 23:55

Yep, 實際上3房係好D,不過美孚好多800尺左右單位都係2 房。
我老婆諗住個仔大到o甘上下就唔請工人,所以2房都應該無問題.....
I should invite experts like you to inspect the flat once I think it matches my requirements.

Talk to Eric, I believe that besides being a Drug Lord, he is also a Land Lord, so he will be able to give some pretty good insight for you.

返回列表