返回列表 發帖

500 exhaust system

Quite expensive for 2nd hand stuff wow.

I checked the rear muffer, new one cost about 3000 ,if I can win the bit 200 plus 123 delivery charge , totally about 4000 for whole system ,ok la

OIC, I think you will be the only one will bid for it.  Good luck.

I hope so la , but I try B4 still lost 3 time for another stuff

The performance / price delta for N/A parts are relatively modest.  So good luck, it might sound sportier and louder, I seriously doubt it that there is significant gain on torque & power.  Otherwise why would the owner sell the stuffs only after 900 miles?

Janspeed is a good exhaust manufacturer.
GBP255 + shipping.... it is a reasonable price for new cars, I would say go go go.
But, don't forget you need to upgrade your brakes. there will be another GBP600 probably (pads and disc and hose)
then, you will need a ECU upgrade to tune up slightly.
then you will need good engine oil to allow it to rev it to 7300rpm
afterwards, shocks and springs, together with tyres with superb grip.

After all these investment, you 500 should be the fastest 1.4 with N/A engine. But how long do you want to play with it? As I know you are looking for an Abarth. If you plan to buy that Abarth 500 after 2 years, all these modifications will be wasted.

Have a plan, then go for it. Otherwise you will very 肉赤 when you are selling the car.
逢星期日...糕-糕-糕.

Another thing that you should look at this exhaust system is whether it has the lambda sesnor holes along the header pipes and post cat location.  Some of the newer engines has 3 cats, 2 along the banana header, and one in the mid pipe,  if this exhaust system doesn't have such cats and lambda sensors positions, your standard ECU is going to detect a cat failure, set itself in safe mode ( fuel rich mixture mode), and you will loss BHP.

If I were you, I would check the manufacture site carefully, if it mentions words like "track only" or "aftermarket ECU" then it is 99% likely to cause cat failure.  You will need to install O2 cheater to the system, but O2 cheater is illegal in Europe.

Did you win?

No la,disappointed

I think I will keep my car for long term cause abarth is too expensive. As Simon said that , when I sell my car can't get too much about the parts. Also I drive too much for my car, over 20000klm per yr,haha

Don't been disappointed, as I took a more detailed look at the header pipes and I don't think there is any pre-cat nor lambda sensor holes in there, I am almost 100% sure that this is designed for track use only.  That is why the owner need to sell it within just 90 days of purchase, his lambda warning light would have come on permanently!

回復 10# andytam68822003

Keep up

Thank everyone

返回列表